Powered By Blogger

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Banana bread muffins

I lightened this recipe by subbing unsweetened applesauce for the butter, maybe next time I will try less sugar for less points, they are plenty sweet with the banana and applesauce.  Yum! Great breakfast or treat for 5 points plus each!



Ingredients:
1 1/2 unbleached all purpose flour
3/4 cup organic cane sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
3 medium bananas, mashed
2 TB canola oil
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp organic whole chia seeds

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line a standard muffin pan with 12 paper liners (I used a non stick pan and didn't use liners).  In a medium bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, chia seeds and salt. 

Make a well in the center of flour mixture.  In well mix together applesauce, mashed bananas, eggs, oil and vanilla.  Stir to incorporate flour.  Do not overmix, batter will be lumpy. 

Dividing evenly fill each muffin cup 3/4 of the way full and place in preheated oven.  Bake 25-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  Mine were done in 25 minutes.

Makes 12 servings, serving size is 1 muffin.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the wonderful recipes. I've had trouble eating my points since I've started ww. Lost 20lbs so far but with the support of this website, I can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, thank you! I used to hate cooking, but I was just eating processed foods and they would use up all my points and I would be starving. Now since I've started cooking I feel much fuller and am down 28 lbs, it's a great tradeoff for me!

    ReplyDelete