Powered By Blogger

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Oven Baked Tilapia!

Tonight we had Tilapia, white rice, corn on the cob and napa cabbage cooked with caraway seed and fresh garlic.

8 point plus value dinner

4 ounces of Tilapia (before cooking weight) - 2 point plus value
1/4 cup of white Minute Rice - 3 point plus value
1 medium corn on the cob, boiled - 2 point plus value
I can't believe it's not butter spray with olive oil - 0 point plus value
1 cup of cooked napa cabbage, sauteed in 1 tsp of extra virgin olive oil and fresh garlic with caraway seed - 1 point plus value

I almost always make tilapia the same way.  I have a spicy salmon and seafood seasoning I use, sprinkled liberally on the fish, top with 2 fresh lemon slices, wrap tightly in a foil packet and bake on a baking sheet at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.  I made the minute rice according to direction and added granulated garlic and salt and pepper.

I bought the napa cabbage earlier this week to make egg rolls but I never got around to getting more egg roll wrappers.  So I cut it into shreds, some olive oil and 4 cloves of fresh garlic, 1/2 teaspoon of caraway seed and sauteed until tender, about 20 minutes.

Makayla loves "white fish" as she calls it.  She also had a leftover 4 point plus value cornbread muffin with her dinner!


No comments:

Post a Comment